On December 31st, 2019, the World Health Organization (WHO) was informed of several cases of severe pneumonia in the Chinese metropolis of Wuhan City, caused by a previously unknown virus.
On January 30th 2020 the WHO declares the novel coronavirus 2019-nCoV as a global health emergency. Currently more than 7818 cases were confirmed worldwide (7736 in China).
R-Biopharm is currently developing a real-time RT-PCR test for the detection of the new novel coronavirus species 2019-nCoV.
Significant resources have been allocated to make the RIDA®GENE Novel Coronavirus 2019 RUO available within 3 weeks.
Key features of the coming RIDA®GENE Novel Coronavirus 2019 RUO test:
- Real-time multiplex RT-PCR
- Time to result: less than 1.5 hours
- Detection of coronavirus 2019-nCoV
- Qualitative detection of 2019-nCoV specific RNA from respiratory samples
- Flexible – the assays can be run on many commonly used real-time PCR instruments, such as the Mx3005P, LightCycler®480II, ABI 7500, CFX96 or Rotor-Gene Q or RIDA®CYCLER
- Reliable – an included extraction control (Internal control RNA, ICR) detects PCR inhibition, monitors reagent integrity and confirms that nucleic acid extraction was sufficient
- For research use only
We will update you constantly about the development and the availability of our coming RIDA®GENE Novel Coronavirus 2019 RUO test.