Human Parainfluenza viruses (HPIV) can cause both upper respiratory infections and lower respiratory infections.
The four serogroups parainfluenza 1, 2, 3 and 4 account for the major community-acquired respiratory pathogens worldwide. Infections with parainfluenza virus 1 and 3 most often occur in infants, small children, immunosuppressed and chronically ill people. In the US, hospitalization due to parainfluenza virus 1 and 3 leads to estimated costs of around 186 mio $ per year and every croup epidemic caused by parainfluenza virus 1 costs 30 mio.$.
RIDA®GENE Parainfluenza (PG5805)
- Real-time multiplex RT-PCR
- Simultaneous detection and differentiation of hPIV 1, hPIV 3 and hPIV 2/4
- For use with most common real-time PCR instruments
- Extraction control (internal control RNA, ICR) included
- Results in less than 2 hours