Molecular detection methods have revolutionized medical diagnosis and are an essential part of today’s laboratory diagnosis.
In many areas of infectious diseases, the classical detection methods such as culture and immunoassays have been replaced or supplemented by real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR).
Real-time PCR test principle
By direct detection of DNA or RNA of the pathogen, real-time PCR allows for an early and highly specific diagnosis, thus leading to a fast and selective treatment regime of the individual patient; after DNA isolation, target gene fragments are amplified (amplicons) and, if present, detected with fluorescent hydrolysis probes. The fluorescence signal increases with the amount of formed amplicons which is detected by the optical unit of a real-time PCR instrument.
RIDA®GENE at a glance
The R-Biopharm RIDA®GENE kits are based on real-time PCR technology for direct qualitative detection of gastrointestinal infections, hospital acquired infections (HAI), respiratory infections, sexually transmitted infections (STI) and other parameters.
- Sensitive and specific: real-time PCR with Taqman hydrolysis probe technology
- Complete: contains all necessary components
- Reliable: included extraction control detects PCR inhibition, monitors reagent integrity and confirms efficient nucleic acid extraction
- Flexible: compatible with various real-time PCR instruments such as LightCycler® series, Rotor-Gene Q, ABI7500, Mx3005P and CFX96™
- Efficient: only one PCR profile for RNA or DNA assays
- Validated: CE-IVD marked, QCMD, INSTAND and UK NEQAS quality assessment participation
Recent real-time PCR news
You might also be interested in
Real-time PCR support
Questions? Tap into our team’s expertise. We’re here to support you and your business throughout the testing process to ensure your success