Molecular detection methods have revolutionized medical diagnostics and are an essential part of today’s clinical laboratory routine.
In many areas of infectious diseases, the classical detection methods such as culture and immunoassays have been replaced or supplemented by real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR).
Real-time PCR test principle
By direct detection of DNA or RNA of the pathogen, real-time PCR allows for an early and highly specific diagnosis, thus leading to a fast and selective treatment regime of the individual patient; after DNA isolation, target gene fragments are amplified (amplicons) and, if present, detected with fluorescent hydrolysis probes. The fluorescence signal increases with the amount of formed amplicons which is detected by the optical unit of a real-time PCR instrument.
RIDA®GENE at a glance
The R-Biopharm RIDA®GENE kits are based on real-time PCR technology for direct qualitative detection of gastrointestinal infections, hospital acquired infections (HAI), respiratory infections, sexually transmitted infections (STI) and is used in human genetics for the detection of point mutations.
- Sensitive and specific: real-time PCR with Taqman hydrolysis probe technology
- Innovative: TaqMan hydrolysis probe technology coupled with patented SNP technology for point mutation detection in human genetics
- Complete: contains all necessary components
- Reliable: included extraction control confirms efficient nucleic acid extraction, monitors reagent integrity and detects PCR inhibition
- Flexible: compatible with various real-time PCR instruments such as LightCycler® series, Rotor-Gene Q, ABI7500, Mx3005P and CFX96™
- Efficient: only one PCR profile for RNA or DNA assays
- Validated: CE-IVD marked, QCMD, INSTAND and UK NEQAS quality assessment participation
The fully automated system for real-time PCR diagnostics, optimizes your laboratory routine from extraction to sample result.
- Up to 96 samples per run
- Up to three runs per day
- Up to six different assays per run (combination of the assays independent of the matrix)
- Ready-to-use reagents reduce work time and increase efficiency in the lab
- User-friendly software facilitates the use and traceability of all samples and reagents
- Fully automated evaluation and result analysis with the RIDA®SEEK Software
- Modular approach (only extraction, only extraction & PCR setup, only PCR setup)
- Universal extraction for DNA and RNA assays
- Supports use of additional external real-time PCR cyclers for highest throughput
Choose an indication
Choose a diagnostic field
Choose your real-time PCR product
Recent real-time PCR news
You might also be interested in
Real-time PCR support
Questions? Tap into our team’s expertise. We’re here to support you and your business throughout the testing process to ensure your success