For in vitro diagnostic use. RIDA®QUICK Helicobacter is an immunochromatographic rapid test (ICT) for the qualitative detection of Helicobacter pylori-specific antigen in human stool specimens.
In 1984, Warren and Marshall discovered the Gram-negative spiral-shaped bacterium Helicobacter pylori in the mucosa of the gastric antrum and corpus in patients with confirmed gastritis and peptic ulcers of the duodenum. Nowadays Helicobacter pylori is recognized as causative agent of gastrointestinal diseases like chronic gastritis, gastric ulcers and gastric cancer. In 1994, the World Health Organization (WHO) classified Helicobacter pylori as a group I carcinogen and inducer of gastric cancer.
Features and benefits:
- Non-invasive diagnostic test
- Entire equipment included
- Quick results
- High precision by employing graduated pipettes
- Monoclonal antibodies according to the Maastricht V/ Florence Consensus Report
- Ignatius et al., 2019. Accurate Detection of Helicobacter pylori Antigen in Human Stool Specimens by Two Novel Immunoassays.
Only available outside of Germany
|Test format||25 individual packed test cassettes|