For in vitro diagnostic use. RIDA®GENE Gut Balance is a multiplex real-time PCR for the direct qualitative and quantitative detection of Bacteroides– and Cluster XIVa DNA from human stool samples.
90% of the normal human gut flora is populated by two phylogenetic groups which exist in a symbiotic balance. Bacteroides are anaerobic, gram-negative bacteria which are part of the normal gut flora of the intestinal tract. In the large intestine, approximately 1011 Bacteroides/g stool exist and are therefore the dominant bacteria in terms of numbers. The second phylogenetic group is the firmicutes. Clostridium Cluster XIVa are a class of firmicutes to which, besides others, Eubacterium spp. and roseburia spp. belong.
Different sources associate a disbalance of the composition of the gut flora (dysbiosis) with obesity. Here, a decreased number of Bacteroides corresponds to presence of obesity whereas at the same time an increasing number of Eubacterium rectale was detected in patients with obesity.
- Quantitative PCR results within 1 hour
- Shelf life for 24 month after production
- Ready-to use reagents
- 20 Freeze/Thaw cycles
- Harmonized workflow for RIDA®GENE Gut Balance, RIDA®GENE Akkermansia muciniphila and RIDA®GENE Faecalibacterium prausnitzii
- Standardized PCR profile allows parallel processing of multiple RIDA®GENE assays (RNA and DNA)
- All necessary controls included (Internal Control, Positive Control and No Template Control)
|Standard range||100 reactions|
we have started to provide the documents for our products in an electronic format. These are the Instructions for Use (IFU), the Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and the Certificate of Analysis (CoA). For batches placed on the market after 01 January 2023, you can find our documents on the eIFU portal eifu.r-biopharm.com.